Thursday, May 21, 2009

Graduation

Dear Taylee,
It's hard to believe you've just finished your first year of school. You have learned so much and grown into a sweet, responsible young lady. When you first started preschool you only knew a few of your letters and sounds and now you know all of them and lots of sight words and family words too. You can count all the way to 100 by 1's, 5's, and 10's and know shapes, patterns, colors, measurement... You amaze me. Most importantly you have a wonderful personality. You are kind and imaginitive and curious. I feel truly lucky to be able to watch you grow and develop as the incredible person you are and look forward to every moment I spend with you!

Love,
Mom





Taylee's preschool graduation was today. First, they recited nursery rhymes. Taylee's group was "Hey Diddle Diddle." She was the cow that jumped over the moon and couldn't wait for everyone to see her in her "cute little cow face." Next they sang the Zoophonics song. Those of you that have been around Taylee in the last 8 months have probably heard that particular song a time or two. Next they recited a poem with each child saying just a few lines. The students got these beautiful ABC scrap books that Miss Alesha and Miss Tricia made them and a diploma.

Taylee the moon jumper


With her book and diploma



After the graduation I had to run back to work for an hour so Taylee went to Gibson Park with Grandpa Jim and Grandma Carol. I met them there and then Taylee and I went home to pack our picnic lunch. I had told Taylee I would take her out to eat wherever she wanted after her program. I was thinking she would choose McDonalds--maybe it's actually me that likes McD because she never seems to choose that for her special occasions--anyway she really wanted a picnic lunch at the dinosaur park. So that's where we went. We had a great lunch with all of T's favorite things: peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, grapes, apple sauce, sour-cream-and-onion chips, and grape juice. Then we sat in the sun and read some new books she bought for herself at the book fair on Tuesday. Of course she had to play on the play equipment before we left. Finally, home for a nap (which I hope she continues to take over the summer because I know I will need one too).

Taylee's graduation picnic spread
Cheers!

No comments: