
This is Taylee's third recital. She loves them, absolutely loves them. She loves the costumes, the dancing, the make-up, and of course the audience. The only part she doesn't like is when they are waiting in the wings for their turn on stage and she "has to be quiet."


Taylee has done very well at her past recitals, but I'm always nervous because she doesn't practice very well. She likes to add her own spin when she practices at the studio or with me. Her dance teacher refers to her as "the performer." Her 'performances' involve a lot of extra movement and scrunching up her face 'like a rockstar' as she sings along to the music while checking herself out in the mirror. She must take after her dad; otherwise, I really don't know where that comes from.
This is the rehearsal. She and her friend Teal had a great time clicking their tap shoes on the high school floors where they would echo loudly in the narrower foyer. The young volunteer who was charged with keeping 24 little girls 'orderly' while they waited for 30 minutes to get their pictures taken was not as impressed with the noise as the girls were.






The actual recital-- It was a pretty complex routine. The girls did a great job performing. The song they danced to was "Rocking Robin"








1 comment:
LOVE the pictures, but I have to admit I was hoping for a video. It looks like you have a star on your hands.
Post a Comment