Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Summer Snap Shots

Time flies when you are having fun. I can't believe how quickly summer zips by. Here are a few pics that didn't end up on other posts all out of order and small descriptions but it's suddenly a busy time of year!


This was May when we got to go and see Obama. Taylee took this picture. Before this she wanted to vote for Hilary (you explain to a 3-year old she can't vote--she's pretty sure she is the only one who should get a vote). She really wanted Hilary to go to Washington D.C. and live in the big white castle, but after seeing Obama she decided they could share the house. See, he is such an incredible speaker he can change the mind of a stubborn 3-year old.




First fishing trip of the summer. So much fun even though she puked in the rental car on the way out.




Gotta love Chuck E. Cheese (did I spell that right?). The food's not great, at all, but you can't beat the atmosphere--right?? This is on our way home from Oregon.



Peter Pan play. It's always fun when we get together with Daityn and Becky.



Baseball- We love to go watch the home games. Our favorite part??? The hot dogs of course--followed closely by the mascot, Orbit. And dancing to the music as the home team comes up to bat.



My little swimmer. She did so well. She can now swim on her back by herself. She was so proud of herself, she let go of the wall during a swimming lesson, freaked out, and almost drowned herself. She was so hysterical I had to sit down on the side with her. She did get back in the water and finish her lesson but she did not want me to go to far away--which was fine with me. The next day she didn't even mention it and jumped in the pool like a champ.





Taylee took a great combo dance class this summer which let her do tap, jazz, and ballet. Her wish is to do hip hop, but she has to be six first and I'm not anxious to rush that (6 is old!!). Unfortunately the scheduling didn't work out for her to continue the combo class this fall so she's back in Creative Movement. This is Taylee and her friend Hayley just before they go in for class. We had a lot of fun picking Hayley up and taking her to dance. It was great to hear the girls chit-chatting about their families, favorites, and what they had been doing since seeing each other last.



Bike rides in the trailer. Bella would have loved to run along side but one squirrel and it would have been all over.



Hiking on the North Trail (I think that is what it is called). Check out the shoes. We obviously didn't go very far. Naturally Bella found a rattle snake so we had to keep her on a leash the whole time.






The fair. I don't what it is about it. It's the same every year, but I absolutely love it. It's so much fun to see Taylee go on the rides. Last year she rode this train by herself. This year- she rode everything by herself and with her friend Daityn. I'm not going to be ready for the year she wants to go to the fair all by herself.

p.s. See the ride operator in the yellow shirt of the first picture? The train rides were conveniently as long as each of his cell phone calls- some were pretty short and some were very, very long.








Taylee and Bella- the closet thing she has to a sibling (plus she's a great dancer). Look at T's poor knees in the middle picture. They looked like that all summer (or worse). As soon as one was almost healed something else happened. I think a lot were Bella related.



Library Story Hour- showing off the cowboy puppet she just made
Helping mom set up the classroom (really this is the most helpful thing she could do)
Can I do a post without a construction picture? Apparently not.
Bike rides on the trail


An action shot at the bounce house.



Seattle trip- okay this isn't technically summer (it was March), but I took a lot of cute pics and only put 3 in so I restrained myself. First picture we are at the zoo. Middle picture is the the Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland next picture is Taylee and Taylee's Tom at the Children's Museum (where I'm pretty sure we could spend a whole day and not see and do everything).







Stay tuned for construction photos--it's coming along. Also, Taylee starts preschool on Tuesday the 9th.

1 comment:

asgamble said...

It looks like you guys had a great summer. I feel the same way about Chuck E. Cheese--it's fun, yet expensive and the food sucks.