Monday, August 11, 2008

Family Fun at the VanSickle House

So they are finally done pouring concrete. I just have to have them figure out what to do the with the dark orange walls. They have to clean stuff up and do some touch up stuff and they're done. Our neighbor Aaron (who is an excellent contractor) should be starting on the garage this week to put on the siding and put in the windows and doors. Before and after pictures to follow as soon as it is all done. Almost there.

These are pictures taken over the summer of our 'fun' evening and weekends.


ripping the rotten sheeting off the garage
Putting on the new roof- notice the dark, dark storm clouds above...the guys just barely got the tarp up before it started to pour---my piano is in that garage!

notice the grass-that's the dirt drop-off that used to be there before the orange walls

dumping in gravel for the backfill behind the walls
That's not really running-just a photo-op
Stan in the pouring rain
My turn on the bobcat!
More of my turn
My nephew Ustin and two of his friends moving dirt around
Stan's brother Adam using the 'wacker packer.' It's like a jack hammer only it's flat on the bottom to pack dirt in--I tried it for a day and am still visiting the chiropractor. I'm not strong enough to maneuver it around so I had to hold on to both sides to move it (one side is VERY bumpy). Taylee thought I was on a fair ride or something. She kept yelling, "My turn! My turn!" Thankfully we have so many wonderful people (including Adam) who came to help during this whole process.

No comments: