Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Coach

I am training for a half-marathon. Which sounded like a great idea this summer when I had tons of energy and the weather was nice. So I haven't been running in...oh...let's say a while. I swear I've been sick for the entire month of November and before that--I'm sure I could come up with tons of excuses. Finally, I went running Monday night for the first time in a verrrryy long time and was completely out of shape, but I was doing the best I could. Then I hear my coach pipe from stroller, "You're not running very fast. Look at Bella-she's walking." Which was true. But I would describe it as more of a quick run-like walk--I mean Bella's got long legs and there are four of them so... I did try to run a little faster though (especially after considering Bella is only about a foot high). A little farther on another tidbit of wisdom from the stroller, "I can't hear you breathing. Are you trying your best? I think I should be able to hear you breathing. You should definitely be breathing harder." So, yeah I've got a lot of work to do. I'm out of shape. I'm waaaaayyy down in mileage. Lucky for me, I know my coach will have me whipped into shape in no time. Thanks coach.

2 comments:

Rosanne said...

That is too cute! Sounds like you've got a great 'coach.' :)

Rosanne said...

p.s. Good luck!