The posts are going to be all out of order now--I haven't posted about the Canada hockey game or the kite flying--but I want to write this down before I forget.
Taylee is such a big girl. Two days ago I came upstairs and she was talking (to herself I thought).
Me: Taylee who are you talking to?
Taylee: It's Alesha (my friend).
Taylee hands the phone to me and Alesha explains that Taylee was letting her know that we will be coming to her daughter Kennedy's birthday party this weekend.
Me: Taylee, why would you call Alesha?
Taylee: She's not a stranger Mom. You said I can't talk to strangers on the phone. I've known Alesha nearly all my life.
Me: How did you get her number? Was she in my contacts (on my cell phone)?
Taylee: I don't know. It says right her on the birthday invitation-- RSVP #########. So I called to RSVP. I also wanted to make sure it was here in Great Falls and not where they live now. We'd have to drive a long ways otherwise. So, good thing I did that.
She also called her grandma and grandpa and asked them to pick her up earlier. I was at work. They thought Stan had told her to call and given her the number. Nope. Stan was asleep. She found the number in contacts and called after deciding that the time she actually wanted was before the time we had originally said.
Yet, still so little.
We were talking about her cousins and what grade one will be in when the other is in another grade. I had just said, "Then when Ustin is a Senior, Layton will be a Sophmore." and she had asked what happens after that. I was explaining to her that it depends on what Ustin wants to do--he might want to go to college, he...when Taylee pipes up, "He might be old enough to go find himself a wife." "Yes, okay. He may decide to go find himself a wife." Which was followed up by the best question ever, "How do you go off and find a wife? Do you walk or do you drive?" It's hard to say, Taylee-hard to say.
1 comment:
So cute - and scary too! Our girls are getting so big so fast! Sometimes I think Hayley is 5 going on 15!?!
Post a Comment