I thought I'd reflect on Taylee- her likes/dislikes and quirky personality traits. This is really more for me than anything. So many changes, so quickly. I don't want to forget.
Favorite colors- pink, purple, turquoise, periwinkle, and orange
Favorite foods- hot dogs, corn dogs, macaroni and cheese (only from a box), chicken sandwiches (Tyson), ham and cheese sandwiches (only with ham with no black edges and only with Tillamook cheese and yes she can taste the difference), strawberry ice cream, 'honey bee' cereal (Honey Nut Cheerios)
Favorite drinks- water, white milk, strawberry lemonade, strawberry-kiwi Capri Suns
Favorite activities- being read to, dress-up, board games, hide-and-seek, make-believe with Barbies, My Little Pony, and Littlest Pet Shop, play-dates, play-dates, play-dates, watching movies (X-Men cartoons, My Little Pony, Barbie, 101 Dalmatians, and.... Grease).
Favorite toys- My Little Pony, little horses, Littlest Pet Shop, Polly Pocket, puzzles
small stuffed animals-she names all of them (cats-Anne-Marie, Catina, and Miss Kitty; dogs-Rosanne, Tricia Sweet, Pajama, Pink, Nora, Cassie, Chocolate Bunny, Spotty Dog, Happy Birthday, Sweet Dreams, Tulola, Poody, Misc-Giggle Bear (bear), Darly (moose), June (ocelot), Pinkie Pie (pony), India (white tiger), Vincent (bat), Chester Thomas (raccoon), Honey (horse), Aurora (dinosaur). Yes she has a few. And her new stuffed cat (I can't help it; it's like a disease) is a white kitty she has named Diamond Cinco. It's the kitty she woke up to on her birthday, just like Happy Birthday last year.
baby dolls- Terri, Talli, Tree Blossom, Marlene, Kate, Lily, Dalila, Sophie, Rose, Baby Rose, and Ginger Taylee
Favorite books- any book about fairies, Daffodil by Emily Jenkins, Gingerbread Girl, You and Your Parson Jack Russell Terrier, Earthsong, There's Still Time: Animals on the Endangered Species List, National Geographic Kids magazines
Personality- Taylee is so amazing. She is always dressed up like its a Christmas pageant. It is not uncommon for people to ask her, "Is that your Easter dress?" No, just an every day ensemble. She HAS to wear a skirt and shirt or a dress every day. Even when she was playing soccer she put a skirt on over sweats. She loves to paint her nails, wear lip gloss, wear high heels, and have her hair curled. At the same time, she has two bug collectors and likes to search for pill bugs and lady bugs, she loves to go fishing, and has no problem picking up a worm. She is bright, cheerful, kind, charismatic, and above all social. She loves to talk and she loves to be in control. Some of her funny sayings this year include:
As a kindergarten teacher I have heard a child say, "You're not the boss of me-my mom is." more times than I can count. I've never heard this one and I blame it on Catholic school (just kidding of course): Near the beginning of the school year if I would tell Taylee she HAS to do something and then have to make her do it (like fastening her seat belt or brushing her teeth), she would say, "You're not really the boss. God is the boss. God is the boss of everyone, even you. God wouldn't want you to do this to me. What would God do? Would God talk to little children like this? No! God loves all his children and wants them to do what makes them happy..." It was quite a hysterical tirade. My co-worker suggested I read the the Old Testament to Taylee.
Me- Taylee how was school today?
Taylee- I don't like school.Me- What?!! What's going on at school.
Taylee- I don't like school. I'm bored when I'm standing. I'm bored when I'm sitting. We have to do seat work all day and you're not allowed to talk AT ALL during seat work and THAT is not okay with me because I like to talk.
Taylee's teacher's name is Mrs. B. Mrs. B is a first year teacher and seems to be doing a good job. When I had originally signed Taylee up for Pre-K her teacher was 30-year veteran Mrs. W. That's who Taylee met on orientation and who we had been talking about as her teacher. Mrs. W retired unexpectedly over the summer. Taylee has asked Mrs. B at least once that I know about "Umm, is this the way Mrs. W would have done it?"
Stan and I were going out on a date and Taylee was to spend the night out at my dad's house. I was driving her out there when I jokingly asked, "Taylee, what are we going to do without you tonight." Taylee's response, "Go Mom. Have fun. Play at the park. Do something where I don't have to make all the decisions."
The day before Taylee's birthday I got a phone call inviting all of us to a celebratory party for a friend the next day, Taylee's birthday. I asked Taylee if she would like to go have dinner and celebrate with a larger group of people. She said, "Mom, I don't think so. I really need tomorrow to be all about me."
Taylee likes to "battle" with either me or her dad. Naturally there has to be character names. One time she was battling with Stan and named herself 'Cheetah Girl' and named Stan 'Sheepie Boy.' Just before the 'battle' began she turned to look at me and said, "That lamb's going down."
She likes to start out sentences with, "just so you know..." and "Apparently..."
Taylee is also very kind. When I'm sick she asks if there is anything she can bring me. She makes sure I'm all covered up, and sings, and reads to me. For her birthday she accidentally put some of her own very special Little Pet Shop toys in a goody bag she put her name on so it was hers (little did Stan know as Taylee was busily opening up presents and I was busy writing down gifts). The little girl who got Taylee's two favorite toys did not want to give them up. She liked them so much she brought them to daycare the next day to play. Taylee worked it out very well by explaining to the little girl how much she loved those toys and did not mean to give them to her, but would give her two others she had just bought with birthday money she wasn't as "attached to." The other sweet little girl agreed and thankfully it all ended happily.
As much as I would love time to slow down so I have more time with her, I love to watch her grow into the person she is to become.
Tired, tired birthday girl at our family birthday dinner. Macaroni Grill again, but sadly, no singers that night.

Taylee and her birthday cupcakes she took to school.
1 comment:
wow, it's been too long since I've been on here. I love reading all the things Taylee says. It's clear that she is going to do amazing things in her life.
Post a Comment